Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Times Square Puts Another New Year's Eve Celebration in the Books

SOURCE

, Yahoo! Contributor Network

Celebrating New Year's Eve is always fun and entertaining to watch, especially when you are watching one of the biggest celebrations in the world.

CNN reports that the biggest New Year's Eve Party took place in its traditional location this year at
Times Square in New York City. Times Square
has long been one of the best places to watch the New Year's Eve celebration and countdown to each year.

This year, I watched the event in Times Square on television and definitely will not forget the performance by New Kids on the Block. I have always been a fan of New Kids on the Block, although they were not really popular when I was growing up. The guys performed a medley of their hits throughout the years and put them all into one huge song, which got everyone excited. New Kids on the Block really got involved with the crowd and it was just cool seeing them sing all of their hit songs on such a festive night. I really enjoyed how everyone was singing along with them as well, which kind of made it hard to hear the band. The crowd being into the music and singing along is definitely my favorite moment of the night. I will remember that performance because it was like I was back in the 1980s, watching them on television for the first time.

The Backstreet Boys were also one of the musical acts but as far as boy bands are concerned, New Kids on the Block performed better. I have always wanted to see them perform live but never had the opportunity except to see YouTube videos of their old shows. Last night was the first time I have seen them perform in front of such a huge crowd, and it really felt like I was a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment