Saturday, January 23, 2010

From Joeys Blog---- 1/22/2010

SOURCE

I kicked it's ass and it kicked mine- and I liked it!

It was all that I hoped it would be and then some. From my hometown opener to the sweet finish in Chicago, I felt very present. Which to me means I was efficient in sucking the nectar. The fruit was ripe and we passed it around. Wasn't it it good? I had been jonesing to go out on the road and do my thing for a while. These shows game me a great sense of wholeness. To coin a worn out phrase, the stage completes me. It had me '"you're on." it was so fun putting the show together with Rob and the guys. They are real pros. Jumping on the bus, living out of a suit case, roughing it a little, but not as much as some of those that came along for the ride- in planes trains and automobiles.

Usually I am hesitant to start in my hometown- I sometimes think too much, but this time it was just fun from the get go. I think I was just too excited and confident in my new music to get caught up in any head games. It's always a good sign when o am talki g too much in a show- that means I am very inspired and in the moment and feeding off the energy. That's how it started in Boston and that's how it continued. This is not to say that if I am not babbling that I am not "in it"- it's always intoxicating to see where they show will take you. As long as I stay honest in the moment, I will get to that certain place of nirvana that only comes from performing live. Each show this week had it's own flavor, Philly (or the charming village of Westchester) was ready to rock. A cool new club that def made me feel like I was rockin' in the free world. NYC was a perfect weekend- I'll get to the show, but first- I got run in central park and take in the vest city in the world. The show was off the chain and at the Highline Ballroom- a cool new venue. I was lucky to have a very special guest who later gave me a big hand with entertaining the troops at the after party- Mr. Jordan Knight. So cool to have him there. I was a little nervous playing 2 in the AM with him there... So much so that I hit a wrong note on the keyboard :) T-Dot of course has a special place in my heart. Such a warm city. I love the feel of it and it's such an easy hang. I wanted to give them a good show- from what I heard back, I think we had a great time. My CD will be in stores there on Feb 16 so I hope to be up there soon for some more fun! Detroit was the last to be added on the tour but it was no less special. You always feel like a rock star if you get to play Detroit Rock City. I ended up meeting about a hundred and fifty peeps well after the show. Our bus was right behind the club so we brought folks on 2 at a time and I'd throw them in a bunk... No Sir!!!! Just kidding. But we did take picks and talk. It was nice. And then finally Chicago :) a tour is bot complete without ChiTown. And at the new Lincoln Hall - a cool new venue. I had some friends fly in and we ended the night with some deep dish at 3 in the morning after the after party. The show lived up to all my others that I've had there before. Thank Gawd. Chitown has never let me down. I hope I never let them down either. The week was sublime- I wouldn't change a thing, but if you see my falsetto in any of those cities please tweet it back to me:) I sincerely hope and believe I will do more dates. They are roughly in the works. So there will be more JoeShows!!! Thank you for coming out and making it as special as you always do. The moments on and off the stage, the little things you share with me. Being able to be a part of this give and take is something I hope we can do forever. Xoxoxo-jm

No comments:

Post a Comment