Monday, March 15, 2010

Boston House of Blues by @covergirl_76

Source



A few days after Donnie's visit to Columbus tickets went on sale for the NKOTB Christmas concert at The House of Blues in Boston-and by pure luck we got tickets! Thanks to John for helping search Ticketmaster on his computer too! HOB only holds about 2400 ppl-we got general admission tickets for the floor :) John decided to drive us all there-it was a BAD GIRL Reunion! Jen, Steph, Jess,Suzi, Pam, Lisa & I were all going!

Thanks to Jess I also was informed of a Blockhead dinner the night before the concert at Hard Rock Cafe.
Donnie had been invited & was possibly coming! We got in just in time before the stopped taking reservations...Phew! We drove to Philly to pick up Pam & Jen then in the early morning we headed on for Boston! There was a big snowstorm coming up the coast so we left early enough to get to Boston b4 the snow did. Boston got like 10inches of snow later that night which cancelled our sightseeing plans-it was just too cold & such a mess everywhere.

We went to Hard Rock for the dinner, and we were in the "boston Room" which had some NKOTB memoribillia :D

There were about 60-70 fans there-it was fun getting to meet more Blockheads!



We were done eating & some ppl were starting to leave when we saw Armando walk in the room-that only means 1 thing...Donnie was here! He made his way around the room hugging everyone.

He said he didn't have time for pix with everyone but he wanted to at least stop by to say hi to all of us! Whe he came around to me I got my big Donnie hug...

& then introduced him to John! Donnie took off his glove to shake John's hand. John thanked him for making me so happy all the time, and Donnie said "i want you to know that all the love & energy she puts into this doesn't go wasted, these are not my fans, they are my friends, my family."

John leans in & says well what I REALLY wanna thank you for is all the blowjobs you told her to give me" Donnie looks at me (I'm crackin up) then back at John then starts laughing & says "group hug on that man!"

The next night was the concert, we were all so excited to see what they had in store for us with this being a 1 of a kind Christmas show! And all the proceeds went to Toys for Tots. Getting to see them sing their Christmas songs & their new song "Coming Home" was an extra special treat!

The show was awesome! We had so much fun-especially Jen! LOL This was our first full NKOTB concert together!

There was even a special appearance of some of the members of New Edition-they did a song with them on their last cd The Block "Full Service".

Nkotb presented a check to the Marines for $60,000 plus 5 truckloads full of toys that we all donated!

Thanks to John being there I was able to get most of the concert on video & he took pix for me!

He got some REALLY good pix-we all determined he must be a "Joe Girl" bc there were so many pix of Joe! LOL


The best part of the show had to be Mistle toe Magic when each of the guys picked a girl to kiss under the mistletoe! WOW JON!!!

We went to the afterparty, Donnie was there and performed his new songs "I Got It" & "Rise & Grind" he told us that the club we were at was where he & Jordan went the night they got together to start discussing the NKOTB reunion :) We could see how exhausted he was, hope that boy learns to get some SLEEP someday! My wekend in Boston had to come to an end unfortunately, but now I definitely have to go back someday when the weather is nice so I can get to see more of the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment