Friday, December 25, 2009

Confessions of a Contest Winners Friend

This wild ride to Da Beantownland all started a few months ago, when my friend Jess aka @lioneris won a Streetlight Contest to spend the day with Donnie!! OMG was I excited. Having never met Donnie before I have to admit I was on cloud 20!! There wasn't much information. Donnie announced it and she was the 3rd contest winner sooo Chicago it was!! Never been to Chicago before so I was really excited at Seeing Donnie & a visiting a City I've never been to before =)

We had tickets already to go to the Sugar Bar in Columbus..So we packed our bags (thinking) that we would be flown into Chicago after the show in C-Bus. Jess had gotten an email from Flossy wanting all of our info for the Flight on DWAir there..So away we went to meet @covergirl_76 & @stephspencer for a Fun-Filled night. We arrived there early but when Jess & I ran into Flossy he said we would have an email the next day, so we were fine with that & went on & had an amazing night, where I finally got to meet Donnie after 22yrs!!! Nothing was going to bring me down off of that high...UNTIL the next morning when that email never came.. With a Crying contest winner we headed home. That was possibly the longest trip ever...But I still had faith that something good would come of this mess, at least I hoped.

About 2 weeks later the tickets were released for the House of Blues concert & we were lucky enough to score a few tickets!! Girls Gone Bad Krew would be hitting Boston to have a Wonderful Knight.. Then Jess got a phone call asking if we would like to go to Atlanta or Boston as a replacement for the busted Chicago Show. She decided on Boston. So that the other winners would have their contest to themselves. But I still held onto that ticket. Worried that something would go wrong. We got flight plans that night. They were flying us in a 3pm the day of the show & back out at 9am the next morning.. In the winter? What if there were flight delays or cancellations? So she wrote back cause we really wanted to see the city as well & Johnny changed our flights for us. We booked a room for the first 2 nights & waited on other info...

The days got closer & we both started getting nervous. We had our hotel room. We had our flights. So I decided to let go of my Sacred Concert ticket & in the back of my mind. I was worried sick. Everyone kept saying you will be fine. But they had not already been screwed out of a show already either. I'm pretty damn sure you would be nervous as well.

So on Friday the 17th with no sleep & a two hour drive, I met Jess at the PGH airport. For her first flight on a plane.. It was 5am. The Security lines were long & we were both exhausted already. We landed in the bean around 8am & the cab whisked us away to our AWESOME hotel suite...I must admit it was probably one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in!!

BUT we still had no idea what the plans were for Sunday.. Still no tickets for the Show or a Hotel Room to stay in. Jess had tried countless times to get ahold of a certain someone. With no reply. So here we are stranded in Boston. There could be worse things right?? So we made the best of the day.. Took an Old time Trolley Ride, Went on the Skywalk at the Prudentual Center. Where we FINALLY got a text back from Flossy w/ another phone # to get n touch with Johnny. We were relieved to say the least. We went back to our hotel room to get in touch with him ONLY to find out that he had totally given us the wrong phone number. The first 6 digits were exactly the same. More emails & texts to him & not once did he ever answer us back. So with all hopes dashed to very sad girls roamed the brisk streets of Boston trying to find the Cheers on Beacon Street to find our girl @lisamh74.

When we finally arrived almost an hour late. The bartender with the Hawt Boston accent yells at us to look at the Tv. Since Lisa decided to tell him that we were in town to see the New Kids. He replied you mean the 5 bad brothers from da beantownland?? =) So we look up to see Donnie being Interviewed at the Celtics game that we were planning on going to.. He also gave us a card to call just in case we ended up with no tickets for Sundays show... We left there soon after. Took some pictures & put our tired butts to bed..

The next day the rest of the Bad Girl Krew @pammieb74 @covergirl_76 @iheartrocknroll were arriving. Luckily we managed to get ahold of Johnny thru email that morning. His accent let me tell ya, I could listen to all day. But he called & said that Donnie had told him to get back to the city asap because of the storm & that he would be in touch with us later that night to fill us in on what we were to do. That we would be taken care of. Breathing a sigh of relief we got ready to venture out in Boston & meet the girls...So funny to be actually talking to him on the Telephone when all I really wanted to do was Scream J-O-H-N-N-Y!!! lmao.. cant help it.

So we headed over to their hotel only to find out that @stephspencer was arriving late from being on standby in Chicago because of the Blizzard of '09 that decided to hit the same weekend. THANK GOD we had asked Johnny to switch those flights or we would have never seen Boston. We made plans to meet at Fanueil Hall.. Had some dinner & drinks at Dick's last Resort and then headed back home to get ready for the Blockhead Dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe.

Dinner was amazing.. Lots of incredible Girls from all over & one very special guest. Donnie, who yes Did go around & hug each & every one of us.. Before saying I F**king Love you & Dashing away for Robs Party! Which we were not going to attend & then decided at last minute that what the hell why not. So Jess, Pam, Lisa & I headed there while the rest of the girls headed home for the night. Im So glad that we went. We finally got to meet up with Michelle @worldoftrouble, @jess1810 & Em who I had been friends with for years thanks to 98 degrees! I had just never met him in person!!

I was told that Johnny was there so I fugured what the hell. I went & introduced myself & Jess to him and he said to follow him & wait at the bottom of the ramp he would be taking us up to VIP. So ok I drag Jess over & there we stood. LoL. I have to laugh at all of this. Im a tiny girl but I wasnt letting anything from keeping Jess from getting her prize!! He takes us up to VIP. Which was Super tiny & Super Smooshed. He brings Donnie over introduces us as the girls he would be spending the next day with and of course I had to speak up. lol and say. You have no idea who I am. And hes looking at me like well hell no why should I? =) So I went on to say I am your BeerBabe as in BeerBabeSuzi. He grabs ahold of me and Says *Holy Shit I Love you..* *I've been following you almost as long as you've been following me* Then he says I LOVE You again.. (makes a girl feel good) he then turns around with me in a big bear hug and screams to whoever will listen *THis is my BeerBabe & I love her* lol. I laugh still as I write this.. He gave jess a hug & away he went to do his thing.. I grabbed Johnny not long after & said we were leaving, I couldnt take the damn crowd and walked out into the Boston Blizzard of '09. We got lost & looked like frozen Popsicle by the time we made it back to our room. But we were happy & off to bed we went...

The next morning we got ready & headed to our new hotel. Which might I add was possibly the scariest taxi ride I have ever had in my entire life. It was still snowing like hell & this Taxi drive was ALL over the place. But we made it safely. Got ready & headed down to the Lobby to meet Johnny who of course was running on Wahlberg time. =) And we all know what that means!! He shows up says he has to get Donnie & they would be right back down. The contest was supposed to be spend the day with Donnie. Which would have been amazing. But at this point sad to say I was just worried about getting the tickets after everything we had been thru... They come back down to the lobby. He walks over gives Jess her hug, walks over & says Beerbabe (lol) gives me my hug. And then Jess gave him his Christmas Present from her which she nicknamed GW & you can find the video on youtube! Then they leave.. With the plan that were supposed to be meeting Johnny at 630. Like I said I was just happy to get those tickets...

That night he had left us stickers & told us to get ahold of him once we got to the HOB. We get inside & see Donnie peaking out of a private door. So I walk over point to our stickers & say *Where does this get us?* The guy tells us to go thru the door so we do & were backstage. WoW. Never been backstage before.

I look up to see Donnie walking down the steps & pointing at us sayin *YOU come with me* lol... So here is Jess & I wandering down the hallway & up these steps with the Marshmellow right in my face!! Whoa...He looks at me & asks me what Contest I had won. He had no clue why we were even there & thought I had won. I was like No this is Jess's contest & she went on to explain how we had ended up there. JOhnny wasnt really to sure to be honest either earlier that morning, when he was trying to make plans.. So Donnie takes us to what he called a Super Secret Hallway, Stuck us beside the Choir & told us to eat.. Yes I said eat.. Oh & that we were to take NO pics with any other New Kids unless he was in it.. I had to laugh at that.. In fact We never Got ANY pics at all, because we never seen him after that. But thats ok,.. Im just glad that we were there & things had finally fell in place. =( =)


Concert started. We were in the 2nd tier right over top of the guys.. Great views might I add. And it was possibly the best concert I have EVER seen in my life. When New Edition walked out I thought i was gna drop my camera on someones head!! i got some great shots & vids I was a happy happy girl...Most amazing night ever!! Concert over & here we are wandering around again not sure where to go.. We ended up in the back hallway next to the guys dressing room, by complete accident.. Someone walks right past us and says hey girls... Were like HI back & then I hit Jess and was like Holy Shit that was Joey.. sorry Ive never been that close I think i was in shock and Jordan was making his way to us as well. I thought i was gna get to meet him but Johnny whisked us away into a Limo with a bunch of people we didnt know but were very sweet at the same time & Johnny yellin.. Whys this Limo smell like Cat Piss.. The smell was horrible!!!

We went to the VIP party at the Estate was right over top of Donnie in a Balcony while he sang and met some more BH's while we were up there. But once again it was so Smooshed I couldnt see anything let alone move & I had to stand on a cushion to even see Donnie when he came up...

We left Boston the next morning with some amazing tales, New Friends and Some of the best BH Stories I have made yet.. I want to thank Donnie & Johnny both for coming thru & taking care of us that weekend even when they were as clueless as we were!! I cannot wait to do this again. Would I go thru all the stress & agony that it took us to get there. Yes.. BUT I have learned thru this experience that Not everything nor Everyone are always what they seem...

No comments:

Post a Comment